Friday, September 27, 2013

Demonstrating Talent and Initiative

"A few more hours later, I was pleased to see that I still had the touch. ‘Katie’ looked as ravishing as ever."
Transcript: Anyone that’s tried looking for a job recently knows that the job prospects are pretty terrible. First off, the chances that you’ll find a company or business that is hiring for a position in your field is small. But on the off chance that you do, you’ll also find that the competition is pretty stiff.
I know firsthand. Even though I had much experience in my field with numerous accomplishments and excellent references to show for it, I was being passed over in favor of younger, more obliging applicants, attractive females in particular. I remember one instance, in which I was lost out to a bewitching blonde, who admittedly, had one of the most voluptuous figures and stunning features I had ever seen, but couldn’t tell you the difference between a conditional variable and a semaphore. No one on the hiring committee seemed to care though, especially after she met with them privately, one at a time, in the corner office. I left my interview that day infuriated, but as resolute as ever. If that was the game they wanted to play, well, I could play at that game too.
It was a part of my past that no one really knew about me, save for a select few, but I had dabbled significantly into crossdressing and drag performances before giving it up after my college years. Finding my old cache of makeup, wigs, and clothes took only a couple hours of rummaging around the attic. A few more hours later, I was pleased to see that I still had the touch. ‘Katie’ looked as ravishing as ever.
A couple weeks later, I got hired. I barely had the time to say yes before my interviewer had me signing my papers. The special female pheromone laced perfume that I wore must’ve been a lot more potent than I thought. I swear he would have jumped on top of me and taken me right then and there had his office not had glass walls. It was a good thing he didn’t, or else, he would’ve found out about my tightly tucked away secret!
Since then, I’ve steadily moved up the corporate ladder. My looks may have gotten the job, but my skills get the pay. Exactly which skills am I referring to? Well, I’ll leave that up to you to decide.